Monday 19 March 2012

Design Persona


‘Strive to be the best’- ‘succeed’ – ‘Be happy’. Are the morals that my family live by. Thanks to my parents of being so supportive by giving me any and every opportunity possible, I was immersed into a range of sports, cultural upbringing and drive to succeed academically. Through these actions, from a young age I have doodled, scribbled and sketched anything and everything on every type of surface. This let my imagination to run free, bringing out my strong creative nature that my father saw in me since being in primary school. Despite having such a creative side, I was always good with numbers; therefore I always had a knack for physics and calculus. In my schooling years I thought I was going to be some sort of an architect or sportsman. But through the shear excitement and fulfilment of designing/redesigning of a project I felt as though I knew what I wanted to do with my career.
At a young age I was always fascinated in Maori culture/sport and the way technology is evolving the world. So with this, I always wanted to explore the simple complexities of Maori art to that of the Koru and Mangopare to the great shape and form of Dubai’s Buri Khalifa skyscraper. These are very iconic objects, bringing both creativity and complexity from which the world is amazed by.
Through my inspirations and the way I have been brought up, I aspire to design/redesign sportswear and equipment to better performance of form and function, to the way it appeals it the human eye. Bachelor of design innovation will set me on the right track towards my future by letting me explore my cultural, numerical and ‘sporty’ side to succeed in this industry.

Dylan Pahina  

No comments:

Post a Comment